AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs, made up of three primary programs that each take a different approach to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. Members commit their time to address critical community needs like increasing academic achievement, mentoring youth, fighting poverty, sustaining national parks, preparing for disasters, and more. This is a federally funded program that allows you a way to serve your country through direct service. Please note these AmeriCorps positions are not considered employment but are considered a term of service. Our Habitat affiliate provides members with:
- Hands-on career/professional experience at a nationally recognized non-profit that puts low income families in affordable homes through the homeownership model
- Living stipend paid out on monthly basis ($16,300 total for National members serving 10.5 months)
- Housing stipend paid monthly directly to landlord ($500/month for 1st term members; $750/month for 2nd term members)
- Transportation benefit ($54 per month gas mileage reimbursement)
- Members who complete a full term of service (10 ½ months) are eligible for a Segal Education Award of $6,195 to be used to pay off student loans or go back to college
- The AmeriCorps program will also pay off the interest that is accrued from your loan deferment during your term of service
- Members also receive a health plan at no cost and are potentially eligible for food stamps
Construction Crew Leader – New Construction -National AmeriCorps
The member serving in this hands on role will help us lead volunteers on site and give the necessary boost to significantly increase the number of families our affiliate is able to serve. Kittitas Habitat is poised to build 18 homes in 3 years, join us as we take on the challenge! The Construction Crew Leader will take on the role of leading volunteers and future homeowners on site in all sorts of construction activities including but not limited to framing, siding, windows, painting, flooring, cabinet install, doors and trim, landscaping, etc. No construction knowledge or experience is required for this position, we look forward to the opportunity to teach you how to build a house even if you’ve never picked up a hammer in your life! Habitat Construction Site Manager staff will be teaching you the skills you need to effectively lead volunteers on a daily basis. You’ll be working, learning, and leading alongside other local volunteers and homeowners which is sure to lead to a fun and rewarding work environment during your term of service. We welcome our construction AmeriCorps to join us in various community events which will encourage community members to get involved as volunteers on our worksites or to apply to be family partners. We view the construction crew leader as integral to our goals of building more homes and better neighborhoods and communities throughout our service area. The Kittitas Construction Crew Leader will be a part of a larger group of up to 11 AmeriCorps serving in neighboring King County.
We will be hiring one AmeriCorps members for this position in Kittitas County for the 2021-2022 AmeriCorps year starting tentatively in October 2021.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com be sure to include “Kittitas” in the subject line of email.
Download the full job description below for more information
Our affiliate serves both King and Kittitas Counties, click here to see opportunities available in King County.