The In-Store E-Commerce Associate is responsible for driving revenue through the operation of a profitable online store. Creating a great experience for our customers through timely communication, adding products and fulfilling orders on our established platforms. Maintain positive employee and customer relations and partner with affiliate Stores to ensure success for all, driving revenue that will build homes. Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Habitat for Humanity.
Customer Experience: Goal is loyal, happy, repeat customers
- Promote a culture of yes.
- Promote a culture of teamwork.
- Provide exceptional customer service and partner with the team to follow your lead.
- Provide exceptional donor experience while ensuring donated materials are of resale quality.
- Properly execute cancellations, refunds and exchanges donated materials are of resale quality.
- Ensure customers are acknowledged and assisted with their needs quickly and courteously.
- Address customer issues in a tactful, courteous and reasonable manner.
- Deliver legendary customer service by connecting with customers and acting with a customer come first attitude.
Operations: Goal is delivering revenue and profit for the store and affiliate
- Drive revenue to meet daily goals by curating a catalog of products that is engaging, promotes conversation and return customers.
- Meet product posting metrics. Evaluate online product levels to meet revenue goals, identify shortage and overstock issues, communicate as needed.
- Create product postings in VEND, on the website and other identified platforms that are clear, enticing, descriptive, professional, and accurate, with attention to presentation and prices.
- Ensure that the online store and all related social media is maintained at a professional level and is grand opening ready everyday.
- Stage and create photographs that are eye-catching, photograph from all angles to show quality and condition.
- Receive and provide a timely response to online customer inquires through the website and social media platforms.
- Provide photographs for weekly Facebook posts.
- Meet store operating policies and standards, cash handling, and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication.
- Ability to accurately and safely operate store equipment such as computers, forklifts, pallet jacks, and electric lifts.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to react to reporting data.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store.
Language Skills: Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, count, write and communicate effectively ensuring correct completion of all documentation. Good oral and written communication skills and an ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Math Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to organize, plan and prioritize work to completion.
Computer Skills: Must have demonstrated experience and knowledge of ecommerce and social media platforms, Microsoft Office or equivalent and the ability and willingness to learn and understand new programs.
Visual Skills: Ability to stage merchandise, take and edit quality photographs with a phone camera or other supplied equipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Store Associate position is non-sedentary. It is essential that Store Associates have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service.
Store Associates must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to stand the majority of your shift with walks of short distances at a brisk pace.
- Ability to sit in a vehicle or remain in a stationary position at a computer workstation throughout the majority of the workday.
- Ability to individually move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds frequently, to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects throughout the store.
- Quickly process incoming inventory with adherence to receiving, and merchandising guidelines.
- Price items following pricing guides and in line with all stores in your region, and in collaboration with Store Management team. Value items accurately while promoting 30-day turn-over of 70% of products.
- Control inventory through accurate processing, tagging, sales and load outs.
- Maintain accurate product inventory, to avoid double selling.
- Partner with cashiers to ring items accurately and receiving to tag items accurately.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in orders and fulfillment.
- Fulfill online orders in a timely manner, ensuring products are marked, documented on sold tags and taken off the floor.
- Assist loading items for customers on the retail floor as needed.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with both staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and promote a positive, safe, and clean work atmosphere.
- Preform daily cleaning duties and keep assigned areas organized.
- Exhibit a can-do attitude and flexibility to tackle ad hoc tasks as needed.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorilly. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Background: Must be 18 years or older.
Previous experience and/or skills must include:
- A commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity Seattle – King & Kittitas Counties.
- Cashier or customer service experience.
- Previous experience using ecommerce platforms preferred.
- Willing to have a flexible schedule and able to work the hours needed to meet store needs.
- Able to meet production and revenue goals set forth by management team.
- Ability and willingness to learn new processes and various ecommerce platforms.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to stage merchandise and take quality photographs.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of a teammate and/or proper material handing equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including sales floor, parking lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store(e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register).
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to communicate accurately with co-workers, volunteer leadership, and donors abut matters related to the organzation.
- Ability to communicate accurately with guests, visitors, and clients at the Store.
- Ability to successfully compete all required training.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.