The Store Associate is responsible for a variety of duties in the daily operations of the store and plays a vital role in providing an extraordinary staff, donor, volunteer, and customer experience. This role is cross trained to perform various tasks throughout the workday as needed, though will mainly be working in the donations/receiving area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers and donors entering the store ensuring each receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment.
- Stock merchandise paying attention to presentation and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Intake appropriate donations while answering customer/donor questions and provide information on procedures.
- Assist the donation driver on pick ups.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships wit both staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and promote a positive, safe and clean work atmosphere.
- Assist loading items for customers on the retail floor as needed.
- Preform other duties as needed.
- Receive payment by cash, credit cards, or automatic debits, while maintaining a high level of accuracy in cash management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Background: Must be 18 years or older.
Previous experience and/or skills must include:
- Have a commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity Seattle – King & Kittitas Counties.
- Willing to have a flexible schedule and able to work the hours needed to meet the store needs.
- Ability to operate store equipment accurately and safely, such as computers, forklifts, pallet jacks, and electric lifts.
- General knowledge of building and construction a plus.
- Prior experience in merchandising a plus.
Leadership Skills: Demonstrate leadership qualities and promote a positive, safe and clean work atmosphere.
Language Skills: Ability to read, count, write and communicate effectively in English ensuring correct completion of all documentation. Good oral and written communication skills and an ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Math Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to organize, plan and prioritize work to completion.
Computer Skills: Must have demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft Office or equivalent.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Spend a majority of the workday standing and being physically active.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit in vehicle or otherwise remain in a stationary position at a computer workstation throughout the day.
- Ability to frequently move about the store.
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment (e.g. calculators, copy machine, and printers).
- Ability to communicate accurately with c0-workers, volunteers, and donors about matters.
- Ability to communicate accurately with guests, visitors, and clients at the store.