Full Job Description
Habitat for Humanity Seattle King & Kittitas Counties is seeking a Store Manager for its Habitat Store location in Ellensburg.
Are you passionate about ensuring families have a safe, affordable place to live?
At Habitat for Humanity Seattle King & Kittitas Counties, our vision is to create a world where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live. We are an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a non-profit, faith based housing ministry, named “Brand of the Year” in the social services nonprofit category for the second year in a row. Habitat for Humanity works in King and Kittitas Counties to eliminate sub-standard housing and strengthen communities by building, renovating and repairing homes in partnership with low-income families.
One of the nation’s largest Habitat affiliates, operating in King and Kittitas County, we are moving into the future under a leadership team and Board of Directors focused on innovative strategic opportunities, growth and a passion for our mission. An affiliate of distinction, Habitat for Humanity, King and Kittitas Counties has built 500 homes and served over 600 families and builds over 50 homes a year Internationally, providing basic needs of shelter, sanitation and safety. Our stores play a major role in providing funding for our mission.
The Habitat Store is a retail business that sells donated building materials, furniture, and appliances at discounted prices to generate revenue to support Habitat for Humanity of King & Kittitas Counties in its mission to build homes, communities and hope. The Store Manager is responsible for the overall business performance of the Store with priority responsibilities on the acquisition, marketing and sale of quality donated materials of a volume necessary to achieve revenue and profit targets; the planning and execution of an effective and efficient receiving and merchandising process; and HR duties such as hiring, training, and supervision of volunteers and staff.
POSITION SUMMARY: Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives through the acquisition, management, and marketing of home improvement materials. Create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the local community, presenting the mission and scope of Habitat for Humanity.
Working at an extremely fast pace, the Store Manager implements and drives programs for donations and retail success. Provides sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat Store activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with businesses, community groups and others to secure donations and raise awareness of Habitat for Humanity’s mission in the community.
Viable candidates will have the following skills:
- A minimum of 3 years managing a high volume retail store, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing Associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 75 pounds with appropriate accommodation. Job could entail frequent standing, bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated:
- High standards of personal and professional integrity and accountability.
- Excellent Leadership skills including: staff hiring, training, coaching and developing.
- Team Building though positive and effective communications, empathy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability, a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A history of building positive, cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
Habitat for Humanity King & Kittitas Counties is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and will provide such opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual preference, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 6 years
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Every weekend
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ellensburg, WA 98926: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 6 years (Required)
Work Location: Ellensburg, WA